Home>Campus Life >Life in Japan

Life in Japan

Life in Japan

Below is the information students need to know in Japan about hospitals, life insurance and the way of life in Japan and in the case of an emergency contact person(s).

Residence card

Aimed at foreigners for more than three months in Japan cards issued during the airport entry screening. Foreigners in Japan are obliged to always carry your residence card.

Address registration and Health insurance

Students who enter into a student visa must have a residence card within 14 days in immigration competent authorities must join a health insurance registration and addresses.
For further information, please check the following.
Tokyo : http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/
Foreign information : https://www.tokyo-icc.jp/guide/
Tokyo medical services : http://www.himawari.metro.tokyo.jp/qq/qq13tomnlt.asp
· In case of a short-term visa, you will not be able to join the National Health Insurance. Preparations for the accident or disease, before departure from their home country Make sure to always sign up for overseas travel insurance. The information is the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Institution Information Service. You can also search for hospitals to receive medical treatment in a foreign language.

Part-time job

Working as a study sojourn in Japan, in principle, it is prohibited. Just outside it is eligible to apply for up to 28 hours a week to leave work permits, long vacation has one part-time work is available within 8 hours a day working in the sex trade industry related is strictly prohibited.
Please consult a qualified non-office related activities not permit application, including applications and are willing to work part-time counseling.

About Return

In our DBC for students who wish to return home, or completely personal circumstances of a temporary return to the vacation you like to talk kindly.


Study visa is for students to be admitted entrance like Japanese schools and colleges and professional schools in Japan. Other For specific information about visas, please contact the Japanese embassy or consulate office or country. http://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/link/embassy/

Separate waste collection and recycling waste treatment

Garbage collection methods are different depending on the area to live, to collect hayeoseo distinct day / time / place, including by type. There is also a type that does not collect bulky waste. Recycling of resources in Japan is a very important issue. Therefore, please check the following information in advance.
Things to check out
1. combustible garbage and noncombustible garbage nine minutes
2. The types of recyclable waste (bottles, cans, PET bottles, newspapers, etc.)
3. The dump place
4. Garbage collection days and times by category
※ Tokyo separate waste collection law : http://www.nippo.co.jp/gmlink/tod13.htm

Earthquake or other disaster information

Tokyo's disaster homepage (information on disasters and disaster prevention measures, and contact methods, etc.)

Embassy and Test information

・Information about the embassy lists, such as Immigration, visa and resident status, please visit the below link.
List of foreign missions in Japan:http://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/link/embassy/
Ministry of Justice, Japan:http://www.moj.go.jp/

Japan, the Immigration Bureau:http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/
・Test information

Tourist information

Visit Japan : http://www.visitjapan.jp/
Japan International Tourism Promotion Agency : http://www.jnto.go.jp/
Web-Japan : http://web-japan.org/